I am in Istanbul. I have been here for two weeks (tomorrow). A lot of things have happened. I will make a list, and hopefully make more posts like this one in the future.
1. I flew here from Chicago (to Amsterdam, to Paris, to Istanbul).
2. I got to my three-bedroom apartment-style dorm room with my two roommates.
3. We walked around Ortaköy (where we are staying) a lot.
4. We went on some excursions with our professor and learned about Greek antiquity.
5. I got blackout drunk on the second Thursday night (during first week) and stuff happened with my roommates?
6. We went to Gallipoli, Çanakkale, Troy, Assos, and Alexandria-Troa over the first weekend. My roommate refused to sleep in the same hotel room as me. I cried a lot and feared being kicked out.
7. Lots of crying.
8. We got back to Ortaköy and I stayed in a double for one night. I was then, after a LOT of drama, moved to a single.
9. I went out after class today to buy some groceries and take some pictures. It went swimmingly.
10. I bought my plane tickets and booked my hostel stay for my trip to Athens May 10-19.
11. I took a lot of pictures of myself on Photo Booth.
12. I wrote this post.
More to come???